Ghost Lore 1:
- Ghosts exist. Maybe.
- Ghosts are trapped- haunting places where they died or were buried, or the people who killed them.
- Sometimes ghosts can be animals or buildings, as well as people.
- Ghosts have all kinds of strange powers, and manifest as cold spots.
Ghost Lore 2:
- Not all dead people become ghosts.
- Some ghosts are malicious and violent. Others are merely unstable.
- Some people can hear and talk to ghosts.
- Ghosts are vulnerable to sea salt, rose petals, exorcism, or threatening their living loved ones.
- Not all ghosts have the same powers.
- Ghosts have some unfinished business. Once this is resolved, they will move on.
Ghost Lore 3:
- Not all ghosts are sentient.
- Ghosts like Mediums.
- Ghosts have sharp senses.
- Disbelief hurts a ghost.
- Walking through a ghost upsets it and may hurt it.
- Ghosts sometimes appear in groups.
- Sea salt and other old wives tales have no effect on a ghost, and most priests can’t perform a proper exorcism.
Ghost Lore 4:
- Very few people actually become ghosts.
- Strong emotion gives a ghost power.
- Some ghosts have a dark side, like an evil twin.
- Ghosts can rise from the dead by taking over a living body.
- Destroying objects that a ghost is fond of sends them away.
Ghost Lore 5:
- Ghosts have their own society.
- Ghosts carry the marks of how they died.
- A ghost’s dark side can take over permanently.
- Some magic might keep ghosts away, or even destroy them.
- There are things in the Afterlife other than ghosts.
page revision: 0, last edited: 20 Jun 2011 17:00