Kindred Lore 1: What a Fledgling would know
- Basic understanding of the necessities (blood) and the banes (fire, sunlight, and wooden stake) of a vampiric existence.
- Rumor that the biblical Caine was the first vampire.
- Some say Kindred war among themselves, for various reasons.
- Know many common Kindred specific terms.
- The concept that raw power comes from the blood
- You know that Kindred are separated into "Clans", tracing their heritage back to a single very old Kindred.
- You are aware of the names of the most common "Clans" in your area (i.e. Brujah, Toreador, Lasombra. Etc.)
Kindred Lore 2: What a common Kindred would know
- The concept that the closer one is to Caine the more power a kindred possesses
- You understand the Embrace, the Blood Bond, creating Ghouls and Diablerie
- Has heard of the Book of Nod
- Has a rough knowledge of major events in Cainite History, such as the First City, Second City, Carthage, Anarch Rebellion, Founding of the Camarilla and Sabbat, etc
- Can give short descriptions for 7-9 clans
- Some say the world will come to an end when the eldest awake.
Kindred Lore 3: What an Experienced Kindred would know
- Can name the 13 clans and knows the V:TM, V:PG, and S:PG descriptions, in general specific terms. Includes the common weakness of each clan.
- Has a basic understanding of the ten primary Disciplines (Animalism, Auspex, Dominate, Fortitude, Obfuscate, Protean, Presence, Potence, Thaumaturgy)—think general overview but not detailed V:TM write-ups
- May have heard rumors about one of the rare clan-specific disciplines (Chimestry, Necromancy, Obtenebration, Quietus, Serpentis, and Vicissitude)
- Knows several of the legends of the First Days or Gehenna.
- Knows many of the old terms and their meanings
- Can name a couple of the Antediluvians
- You have heard rumors of Golconda
- You know of the Gangrel/Tzimisce war against the Tremere.
Kindred Lore 4: What a Scholar would know
- You know the commandments of Caine (Pg. 76-77, 84-85 Book of Nod)
- Basic knowledge of the minor bloodlines, to include disciplines common to them - think general overview but not detailed V:TM write-ups
- Knowledge of a few of the Elder powers available in the ten primary Disciplines (Expert Disciplines)again think general description not detailed write-ups
- Has heard rumors of the Inconnu
- May know something about Golconda
- Can name many Antediluvians and many of the major Methuselahs may know some vague legends about them
- Can see the hidden meanings in day-to-day Kindred politics.
Kindred Lore 5: What an Elder would know
- A working familiarity with several editions, variora, and translations of the Book of Nod as well as some other apocryphal writings
- Experience with Cainite society is likely to be more accurately measured in millennia rather than mere centuries
- Knows some general details about the Jyhad and who the some of the real players are.
- Know the legends surrounding the Diablerie of the Antediluvians (Saulot, Brujah, Cappadocius)
- Has probably seen the equivalent to a full copy of the Book of Nod (although several drastically different versions exist)
- Having suspicions where an Antediluvian sleeps
- Know about the City of Enoch in the Shadowlands, and its recent destruction.