Vampire Lore 1
- Holy Crap!! Vampires are real, lurk in the night, and feed on blood.
- They tend to live in populated areas
- Some are pale in complexion.
- Information from newer movies (Dracula 2000, Dusk till Dawn, etc.) A lot of false rumors, myths and folklore mixed in (basically, a lot of false or inaccurate information).
- They're everywhere!!
Vampire Lore 2
- The vampires seem to be organized into groups somehow. (No idea how, though).
- Most major and some small cities have vampires hidden within them.
- Religious symbols can keep vampires at bay.
- May have vague knowledge about one or two single powers—e.g.Dread Gaze and Wolf Claws. Note, this will not be detailed knowledge. "He grew claws from his fingers."
- Believes any vampire will possess any power they have ever seen exhibited.
- Vampires control many of the workings of the mortal world.
- They claim ancestry from the mythical/biblical Caine.
Vampire Lore 3
- Vampires actively try to keep their existence hidden.
- Fire, stakes, and sunlight usually work.
- May have overheard one or two vampire-specific terms—without understanding their meaning.
- Vampires can enter into terribly violent frenzies.
- Probably met and talked to several vampires.
- It's not the religious symbol, but the faith of the user that counts.
- They are able to turn mortals into their slaves, called ghouls.
Vampire Lore 4
- They call themselves Kindred.
- The vampire's power is in the blood.
- Their ancestry divides them into clans. (Know the names of 2-4 of the common major clans). Knows different clans have different weaknesses and powers. (Although the combinations are often wrong)
- Many cities ruled by an ancient vampire.
- One sect, called the Camarilla, is based on a feudal model
- Another, called the Sabbat, is based on a libertarian/Anarch model.
- Some vampires do not belong to either sect. They are called Anarchs.
- Has an understanding of the ten primary disciplines and what they can do—think general overview not V:TM write-ups. (Animalism, Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Fortitude, Obfuscate, Protean, Presence, Potence, Thaumaturgy).
Vampire Lore 5
- May be able to name 7-9 clans and give short descriptions. (Equal to description in Laws of the Night).
- Knows how the Embrace and Blood Bond work.
- Knows the very basics about Kindred social dynamicsBoons, Prestation, and maybe Monomancy.
- May have heard rumors of the clan-specific disciplines (Chimerstry, Necromancy, Obtenebration, Quietus, Serpentis, and Vicissitude).
- May know some Kindred specific terms (as wordsnot by meaning).
- Knows some Kindred fear the end of the world is coming.
page revision: 0, last edited: 20 Jun 2011 17:06